Thursday, February 27, 2014

About Us

I am Rebekah, a 30 something RN, and my significant other is Les, a 40 something government subcontractor.  I grew up in the country, and the last few years I have been itching to return.  Les and I had been casually looking at houses, as we already had a mortgage and neighbors we loved, when we stumbled across what would eventually become our home in the summer of 2013.

I loved it instantly.  The house was smallish, but move-in ready, and sits on 7 acres with a barn, pond, creek, woods, and open areas.  I had dreams of my three dogs splashing in the creek and pond, goats, chickens and gardens.

indiana hobby farm

We were able to sell our old house, and moved into our farmette right after Thanksgiving of 2013.

We are slowly (it has only been three months) taking steps towards fulfilling our dreams.  The basement is walkout with a dog door, so the first thing we did is install heavy duty, secure fencing just off the house for the dogs.

Eventually, we will have Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats, a hopefully large vegetable garden, and free-ranging chickens.  Join us on our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment